June 15, 2018
Wrapping libraries responsibly
The EmberMap Podcast
Sam and Ryan chat about what to do when a node module breaks in FastBoot, how to best wrap 3rd-party libraries in an Ember Addon, and how to test the filesystem. They also answer some listener questions.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 0:00 – Node modules in FastBoot
- 13:55 – Ember Addons that wrap 3rd-party libraries
- 19:07 – Testing the filesystem with Broccoli Test Helpers
- 32:11 – How can I speed up my Ember CLI build times?
- 38:31 – What do you think about the Angle Bracket Polyfill? Would you use it?
- 42:08 – I'm building an app and I need to build it with skeleton screens. Do I use a model hook with loading states? Do I use Ember Concurrency tasks? What approach should I take?
- 46:44 – I'm building a table, and each row has a bunch of CRUD actions – edit, delete, view. What are the best UI patterns for this? A few I'm considering: a cog that you click that exposes a dropdown menu; icons in the row; buttons in the row.