November 27, 2019
When composability is not the answer
The EmberMap Podcast
Sam and Ryan chat about composability, and situations where it gets in the way of development. They also discuss adding animations to a React app and why application developers shouldn't always follow the advice of library authors.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 0:00 – Livable code with Ember
- 3:09 – Speeding up Ember builds, and bugs with React rebuilds
- 7:09 – Undoing bad abstractions
- 11:30 – Building a mobile nav with React Spring + Reach Modal
- 18:48 – Documentation: Guides vs. How-tos vs. Examples
- 34:40 – Composability, and awareness of React's children vs. Ember's yield
- 38:30 – Structural vs. reusable components
- 54:54 – UI Testing
- 1:03:04 – Does advice for building good libraries transfer to building good apps?