April 16, 2020
What's the fastest way to deliver an app?
The EmberMap Podcast
Sam and Ryan discuss current approaches frameworks are taking for leveraging CDNs to quickly deliver JS apps. They talk about incremental rebuilds, lazy page generation, cache stampedes, surrogate keys, and new database technologies like Fauna that might even obviate the need for CDNs altogether.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 6:00 – Adding Cypress tests to the Mirage Inspector
- 14:00 – Lazy page generation, incremental rebuilds and cache stampedes with Next.js
- 24:51 – CDNs & surrogate keys
- 38:00 – Will global databases obviate the need for CDNs?
- 42:23 – Gatsby Cloud's ability to build surrogate keys from GraphQL queries
- 48:48 – Gatsby Cloud's Preview Mode
- 50:30 – Will hosting-only platforms like Netlify and Heroku become too generic?
- 53:43 – Is there a tension between Next/Gatsby's per-page model and SPAs?