October 4, 2019
Server-side state means global resource identity
The EmberMap Podcast
Sam and Ryan chat about building a Vue app with Mirage, and how quickly they ran into a need for a global resource store. They also talk about their recent work on Mirage JS and discuss an Ember NYC talk about how compilers enable abstractions.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 0:00 – Dealing with asynchrony and persistence in Vue
- 8:56 – Thoughts on Vue's APIs, and how they compare with React and Ember
- 22:20 – "Magic" in UI frameworks vs. server-side frameworks
- 27:17 – Build work in Mirage JS, and a new passthrough API
- 38:26 - How opinionated should project documentation be?
- 50:40 - Edward Faulkner's talk on compilers, abstractions, ES modules, and Embroider
- Next Release, mention EmberMap when you sign up for a trial and get 10% off