May 23, 2018
Robert Jackson and Tom Dale on Ember at LinkedIn
The EmberMap Podcast
Robert and Tom join Sam and Ryan to chat about how LinkedIn uses Ember, when teams should use Engines, build optimizations that are coming to Ember CLI and more.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 0:00 – Engineering challenges of scale at LinkedIn
- 6:00 – Engines at LinkedIn
- 8:40 – When should teams use Engines?
- 15:25 – What are some of the downsides of Engines?
- 17:38 – Build-time versus AOT library transpilation
- 21:47 – How just-in-time compilation relates to code-splitting and importing node modules
- 29:50 – Ember’s philosophy on bringing new JS features to years-old apps
- 32:55 – How can the community be most helpful when contributing to Ember?
- 41:32 – Analytics and performance tracking at LinkedIn
- 46:07 – What are your thoughts on Vue.js? (Question from jamiewhite)
- 52:18 – How can we help improve the developer experience of using Handlebars templates (autocomplete, error correction, template linting, etc.)?
- 1:02:40 – Moving questions from Slack to the Discussion forum