October 22, 2019
Does technology get popular for the right reasons?
The EmberMap Podcast
Sam and Ryan chat about how much popularity matters when it comes to choosing and recommending technology, as well as whether a tool is responsible for its users' success or failure with it. They also talk about REST and GraphQL.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- 0:57 – Wanting to learn more about GraphQL
- 14:41 – Constraints, theory and reality in GraphQL and REST APIs
- 21:54 – What matters when choosing technology?
- 35:06 – Can GraphQL queries and types replace traditional ORMs?
- 48:47 – Why did Rails and other technologies become popular? Does it matter?
- 1:00:48 – Is there objectively true advice in programming?