April 12, 2018
Alex Matchneer on Routing Patterns
The EmberMap Podcast
Alex Matchneer chats with Sam and Ryan about challenging routing patterns in Ember, his involvement with the Ember community, and what Ember’s next router might look like.
How to listen
Watch above, or find us on your favorite channel:
- Routing patterns from mobile apps that are difficult with Ember
- Lessons learned from community involvement
- The concept of timespans
- Fighting community conventions
- Server-driven state changes
- Declarative routing
Alex also answers some listener questions:
- When are you going to release a full album?
- If you could improve one thing with Ember, what would it be and why?
- Do you have strategies for teaching ember-concurrency to someone who doesn't know about generator functions? Do you try to teach those separately first?
- What are some concepts/design patterns you wish all developers would know about and internalize?
- How do non-ember-core members become more involved in ember-core? What are some ways to bridge the gap between basic contributions and the complicated RFC process? How do you drive community change from only addon code?